Flying Logic Forum
September 19, 2017, 12:25:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Flying Logic 3.0.9 has been released!
Click here to visit the Flying Logic home page.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: separation of model and data  (Read 10068 times)
databalance

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2011, 01:22:26 PM »

In our consulting business, we need to evaluate our clients' IT environments against a defined set of best practices - categories like network security, data protection, disaster recovery, and so forth.

It would be great to have a Flying Logic model template that can be used to evaluate the client's environment (data) against best practices (the model).  I envision using edge weights, confidence, and notes to capture each individual client's compliance with specific best practices (precondition entities?).  As the IT environments change, the model would be re-evaluated/re-applied, usually monthly.

Ideally we could maintain a single master model, which would change over time as new and revised best practices are discovered and refined.  Separation of the client data sets (weights, confidences, notes) and the model would be most useful in this application of FL.  This way, we could store the data sets separately, and load them into the upgraded model.  New or changed entities and relationships in the model would be visible due to the missing or outdated data point for the entity.  This would prompt the network administrator to evaluate the IT environment for the new or updated best practice.

I can send an example if that would help.

Any thoughts on how to support this particular requirement - separation of model and data - in current FL, besides custom XML parsing?  Maybe I'm missing something obvious.
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 04:49:12 PM »

I think I'd have to see more about what you have in mind in order to make any recommendations. If you don't feel comfortable posting more here, then use our form at http://flyinglogic.com/contact in order to start an e-mail conversation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: