Flying Logic Forum
August 16, 2018, 12:14:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Flying Logic 3.0.9 has been released!
Click here to visit the Flying Logic home page.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Evaporating Cloud example from Scheinkopf´s book: the Towel Bar Battle  (Read 14465 times)
janwybe

View Profile WWW
« on: December 09, 2011, 07:00:00 AM »

An example of an Evaporating Cloud I really like, is the Towel Bar Battle, such as described by Lisa Scheinkopf in her 1999 book Thinking for a Change (p.186-190). To practice with Flying Logic, I diagrammed this example. And with Lisa Scheinkopf´s kind permission I would like to share it with the other users of this forum.

Warm regards,

Jan Wybe.

Jan Wybe Oosterkamp
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 02:33:29 AM »

Thanks for this!
janwybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 11:38:34 PM »

Hi Robert,

Would you be willing to check whether the logic in this Evaporating Cloud / Conflict Resolution Diagram is correct from the Flying Logic point of view? What I mean is: have all logical operators etc. been correctly configured?

Cheers,

Jan Wybe Oosterkamp
Robert Lamb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 08:21:45 AM »

Hello

First there is nothing wrong with the diagram, I am just looking at an alternative, but what do you think?

The solution is associated with one want. If the solution only made sense for that one want, then it would be connected as it currently is. However, in this case the solution can be applied to either want.

In this type of situation, and strictly for visual reasons; to indicate that the solution can be applied to either Want, without changing the meaning of the cloud, should the solution be connected to both halves of the cloud. Although not really important to the conflict, I have been in situations where a visual indicator like this would help to opposing sides come to an agreement.

Connecting with another "OR" connector also preserves the confidence indicator logic.
janwybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 11:56:24 PM »

Many thanks, Robert Lamb; this makes perfect sense!

Cheers,

Jan Wybe Oosterkamp
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: