Flying Logic Forum
December 12, 2017, 02:11:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Flying Logic 3.0.9 has been released!
Click here to visit the Flying Logic home page.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Translating Thinking With Flying Logic  (Read 14878 times)
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2012, 03:34:51 PM »

We are now using the Google Translator Toolkit to manage the translation of Thinking With Flying Logic (link to PDF) into:

• Chinese (simplified)
  • Japanese
  • Russian
  • Spanish
  • German

If you would like to participate in any of these translations, send me your e-mail address via our Contact Us Page.

All the resulting translations will be freely redistributable under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

If you're interested in starting a new translation, then let me know to which language and I'll get it set up! You'll be able to invite others to help.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:03:07 PM by Robert McNally » Logged
Me@flyinglogic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:50:04 AM »

I would like to work on a German translation, so if you can give some instructions regarding the required setup for Google Translator, needed files, etc.

Best regards
Me@flyinglogic

Best regards
Me@flyinglogic
janwybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 04:08:48 AM »

Hi,

I would like to take care of the English - Spanish translation of the book Thinking with Flying Logic. I can begin with the translation in april.

But rather than translating with Google translator, I would like to do the translation manually. (And afterwards I´d always be willing to have my translation checked against what Google translator would come up with...   Smiley)

Would that be OK? Would it be possible in that case to receive a copy of Thinking with Flying Logic in a version that I can access with a wordprocessor?

Also in that case I would like to make a suggestion, namely that Thinking with Flying Logic be updated with a few elements from H. William Dettmer´s 2007 book The Logical Thinking Process, namely the IO Map and perhaps also the integration of the Prerequisite Tree and the Transition Tree. But that is not something urgent.

Warm regards,

Jan Wybe.

Jan Wybe Oosterkamp
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 11:57:50 AM »

I have sent you an invite for the German translation. Let me know if you have any questions.

I would like to work on a German translation, so if you can give some instructions regarding the required setup for Google Translator, needed files, etc.

Best regards
Me@flyinglogic
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 12:01:56 PM »

You're certainly welcome to do your own Spanish translation— in fact, as we've released Thinking With Flying Logic under a Creative Commons license, as long as you observe its restrictions you can even publish the result yourself. I have an HTML version of TWFL up that you can save and edit in a text editor here:

http://flyinglogic.com/docs/twfl/en/

That said, I would urge you to consider using the Google Translator Toolkit that I already have set up after or during the rest of your translation efforts. That way others can also contribute to the collaborative effort and benefit directly from your efforts.

I plan to do a revision of Thinking With Flying Logic that will incorporate some of Dettmer's thinking including Intermediate Objectives (IO) maps.

Hi,

I would like to take care of the English - Spanish translation of the book Thinking with Flying Logic. I can begin with the translation in april.

But rather than translating with Google translator, I would like to do the translation manually. (And afterwards I´d always be willing to have my translation checked against what Google translator would come up with...   Smiley)

Would that be OK? Would it be possible in that case to receive a copy of Thinking with Flying Logic in a version that I can access with a wordprocessor?

Also in that case I would like to make a suggestion, namely that Thinking with Flying Logic be updated with a few elements from H. William Dettmer´s 2007 book The Logical Thinking Process, namely the IO Map and perhaps also the integration of the Prerequisite Tree and the Transition Tree. But that is not something urgent.

Warm regards,

Jan Wybe.
janwybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 01:29:38 PM »

Great! I´ve already copied the text into a wordprocessor file.

Of course, once the manual translation into Spanish is finished, I will be very interested myself in seeing what Google Translator will do with it, and of course I will also welcome feedback.

Warm regards,

Jan Wybe.

Jan Wybe Oosterkamp
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 11:05:10 AM »

This topic has been split and moved to a separate discussion on the Theory of Constraints board.

http://forum.flyinglogic.com/index.php?topic=352.0
Hisashi Nakatsuyama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 03:45:39 AM »

Hi Robert,

I have been thinking of translating "Thinking with Flying Logic" into Japanese.
I believe that Japanese version of it will greatly help Japanese understand both TOC TP and FLP.

Thanks in advance.

Hisashi
Joe Pearce
CTO, Sciral
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 03:11:19 PM »

Sorry for the very late reply to the subject of a Japanese translation.

A Japanese translation would be great. Please reply here in the forum or contact me directly at jpearce@sciral.com to discuss the topic at more depth.
Hisashi Nakatsuyama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 12:05:38 AM »

I have just uploaded a Japanese translation of "Thinking with Flying Logic."
http://www.nakatsuyama.biz/files/Flying%20Logic/Thinking%20with%20Flying%20Logic%20(Japanese).pdf
Joe Pearce
CTO, Sciral
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 08:15:15 PM »

Thanks! We'll take a look at it.
ben

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 07:45:51 PM »

Hello.

Is this revision already available?

Thanks.

I plan to do a revision of Thinking With Flying Logic that will incorporate some of Dettmer's thinking including Intermediate Objectives (IO) maps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: