Flying Logic Forum
October 19, 2017, 03:44:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Flying Logic 3.0.9 has been released!
Click here to visit the Flying Logic home page.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Compact view  (Read 3026 times)
dgpiche

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2015, 05:19:01 AM »

I was looking to see if there was already a suggestion for this, but didn't find it.  If there is, sorry for the duplicate.

I really find Flying Logic easy to use to create trees.  The trees are usually large and I find it very difficult to see a big picture of the tree.  I think one of the problems is that the arrows are often very long.  I feel as though there is a lot of empty space between the entities and if that could be reduce, either by default or as a feature to make things more compact, it would make it easier to see the whole thing in a small space. 

I've attached an example.  It seems to me columns could be much closer.  And if they were, a lot more could fit on the screen to get a better overall view.  And thus make it easier and faster to check the logic and improve the diagram.

* Long arrows.png (110.68 KB, 924x843 - viewed 222 times.)
janwybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 09:53:53 PM »

Hi,

The problem you raise is one I have been struggling with as well. See, for example, the following discussions:

http://forum.flyinglogic.com/index.php?topic=384.0

http://forum.flyinglogic.com/index.php?topic=359.0

Good for you to raise the point again. From what I remember, for the moment the solution rests in using groups and hoisting them. I can manage with that. But rolling up or folding entities would still be a great feature, I believe. Also having access to a large printer is worth a lot. Personally I prefer to review diagrams from paper.

Cheers - Jan Wybe.

Jan Wybe Oosterkamp
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: