Flying Logic Forum
July 07, 2020, 04:48:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • This forum is now in READ ONLY mode.
• Visit the new Flying Logic Forum! flyinglogic.discoursehosting.net
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying Logic to/from MS Project - not working completely  (Read 115 times)
jackvinson
Newbie
*
Posts: 8


View Profile
« on: May 14, 2020, 05:13:04 AM »

I have been using the import/export capability of Flying Logic to generate a network diagram (so much easier in Flying Logic) and exporting to MS Project xml.  That part works fine (though Flying Logic adds some meta data that I need to remove).

However, if I happen to start in MS Project and export to XML and read into Flying Logic, the duration of tasks isn't picked up by Flying Logic.  I took a look in the XML file and see a duration listed that I would expect FL to see.  I've attached the dummy MS Project and XML files.

Also noticed:
* All the imported tasks are flagged as "milestone" in the Flying Logic.  And they appear to be "complete"
* All the imported tasks have a "C" flag / icon that is unclear what it is supposed to mean (maybe 100% complete, but I cannot unset the 100%)
* [Ah. If I set a duration and THEN set the completion to 0%, then it takes. 



* test.xml (96.42 KB - downloaded 5 times.)
* test.mpp (179.5 KB - downloaded 6 times.)
Logged
Joe Pearce
CTO, Sciral
Administrator
Full Member
*****
Posts: 147



View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 04:22:34 PM »

We'll look into it.
Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2006-2007, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!