Flying Logic Forum
October 16, 2018, 02:45:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Flying Logic 3.0.9 has been released!
Click here to visit the Flying Logic home page.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Secondary Order Bias  (Read 7535 times)
priceless

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2008, 06:09:02 PM »

Hello

Perhaps a simple, temporary fix for the ordering of entities might be to add a "Secondary" bias drop down that works orthogonal to the primary bias.  For example if the layout is bottom to Top and the "primary" bias is "Top", then the secondary bias could be "left" or "right".  Changing that would, effectively, reorder the map so that it is a mirror image of itself.

I'm continuing to have a problem with maps that are more square than linear where the high level goals are at the top and they might have an implicit order in them.  Part way through modeling, the order flips around and it can be unruly to keep straight in my head.

Thanks

Morgan
Robert McNally
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 05:23:12 PM »

I'm continuing to have a problem with maps that are more square than linear where the high level goals are at the top and they might have an implicit order in them.  Part way through modeling, the order flips around and it can be unruly to keep straight in my head.

Thanks for your suggestion. We are looking into solutions to the "flipping" that sometimes occurs.
priceless

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 06:42:26 PM »

Thanks Robert

I cannot wait to find out how you solve the problem.

Morgan
KeithP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 03:56:01 AM »

I find that I currently get some very long connections.  When you are working on this can you also consider a "shortest" connection bias regardless of it being L-to-R  or T-to-B.

Cheers Keith P
priceless

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 04:54:21 AM »

Glad to see development is still happening on Flying Logic.

girlgeek0001
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 06:28:40 AM »

Hello

Perhaps a simple, temporary fix for the ordering of entities might be to add a "Secondary" bias drop down that works orthogonal to the primary bias.  For example if the layout is bottom to Top and the "primary" bias is "Top", then the secondary bias could be "left" or "right".  Changing that would, effectively, reorder the map so that it is a mirror image of itself.

Thanks

Morgan

Hi Morgan,

Just wanted to let you and everyone else know that we are still working towards features that will provide greater user control over the layout of Flying Logic documents.

Thanks!
KeithP

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 01:01:19 AM »

An automatic numbering system (like for the notes) would  help with this as it would assist in locating the moved entity.  Could I suggest steps of 100 to allow for inserts.
Joe Pearce
CTO, Sciral
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 07:26:29 PM »

We are considering adding a feature that exposes the internal ID number of each element. That may not make it into the next release though.
SWR

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 01:16:17 AM »

I find that I currently get some very long connections.  When you are working on this can you also consider a "shortest" connection bias regardless of it being L-to-R  or T-to-B.
I agree that the connection get very long to the extend that the diagram is not so easy to read. Perhabs the problem could be overcome by just adding a "Center" option to the bias selection box?. Examples: Top-Center-Bottom or Left-Center-Right.

With Center bias the boxes should not be extended towards any edge, but the lines should be kept as short as possible. No bias would also be a good description for this mode. A bias on/off switch would also work ok. I think the diagrams will be easier to read this way. Smiley

Best regards
Soren
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: