Quicker Change of Entity Class

Hi,
i am a fairly new user so this may be the wrong approach.

I am trying to create concept maps using the concept map domain from the examples.

That domain has 2 classes that basically have to be switched around after every new entity.

While the Tab-Tab-Tab editing flow is quick and also Command+E including switching the direction is quick i struggle with changing the class.

This seems to be only possible via Mouse/Trackpad which feels very slow to me.

I think one or all of the following ideas could help me:

• when an entity is selected, press Command+Shift+R (R because it is next to E) to open a quick menu that only shows classes from the domain of the current entity class (or from all expanded domains in the domain inspector)

• when pressing Command+Shift+E it shows me a quick menu with classes of the domain of the last selected entitys class and places the selected one

The general idea is that i would like to have a very quick way to add entities of a different class than the currently selected one (in the domain inspector) or to change a wrongly placed on.

Restricting the quick menu to the domain of the last selected entity is fine for my use cases, but i guess showing all the “open” domains (in the inspector). Or all the ones used on the current document is fine too.

best
Christian

Actually there is a shortcut for this! When you have one or more entities selected, hover over an entity class in the Domain inspector:

As you see, if you hold down the Option (Windows Alt) key and double-click, you’ll change every selected entity to that class!

You can also select every entity with a particular existing class by holding down Shift and double-clicking.